Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Best "I'm Sorry" Ever....

So after one of my what seems to be daily bouts of negativity with my husband, I felt like a card might do the trick of apologizing for me better than I could myself. Wal-Mart has a pretty decent array of "get-your-ass-out-of-the-doghouse-quick" cards...

I like the Mahogany line that Hallmark has. A little on the urban side, and alot of them say things better than you could have if it came from your own mouth! (At least without it sounding like a pile of rubbish..)

It took a minute to find the perfect card, but here's the words that brought even me, a woman that doesn't really cry to tears in the middle of the store....

*Warning: You might want to grab some tissue, tears inevitable.... :)*


Baby, we've been through the wringer lately.
And we've both done and said things
  we're probably wishing
    we could take back
      right about now.
That's what happens when life
  gets too intense.
Even lovers can get blindsided
  and act the fool.
But here's the thing...
I refuse to trash something as powerful
  as our love just because
    we've had some drama.
Uh-uh. Nope.
I'd much rather put drama in its place--
  the past.
And stand up for what is true today.
What is true today, Baby,
  is I love you.
And I'm sorry for things I said
  when I was upset.
Things I didn't mean
  and would never say
    when I'm calm and thinking straight.
So please let me take back 
  those foolish words.
If we're going to throw something away,
  let's throw away all that craziness
    and promise to do better 
      from now on.



I cried, even when signing "I'm Sorry." LOL, how many times do we women really admit we're wrong? I did that day. Saying you're sorry can be alot harder than admitting you're wrong......Whoever wrote that card deserves an award.... :)

Thanks again Hallmark, and to the people behind the Mahogany line.......

No comments: